Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Only the beginning

Today i'm bravely posting a first sketch that is very ugly of what will hopefully be a pretty painting when completed. It's a copy of the face of Our Lady as seen in Michaelangelo's Pieta. This amazing artisit is one of my biggest inspirations, but very difficult to copy. I'm only doing one small part of his impressive Pieta. The entire piece is so amazing. I've studies so many pics of it, and now I'm finally trying to paint Mary's portrait. here goes. So here's my first day's work.

Other than that, I'm just trying to kill this cold. spent all my free time indoors today. resting, sketching, and listening to music. ended up listening to Yoyo Ma playing some Bach by the end of the evening. He's playing in Ottawa this month at the NAC, eh. Maybe it's already over? Not sure.

"Happy Tuesday everyone" -quote from Julie's facebook page. lol.

lots of Love,

Sandieness.

No comments:

...