Monday, October 12, 2009

Hand.

Today's sketch... my skinny little left hand. complete with short bitten-finger nails and everything ;)
It's not great, but it's something. voila.
-
I just got off the phone with my family. It was really nice to talk to them all. even little Tony! Aw. miss them! They're all at home having Turkey dinner tonight with my aunts and uncles, and cousins, and Grandparents.
-
Clearly my mind is a little bit more in Canada... in the kitchen, probably eating, than it is here.
-
So what's new,
I was teaching english this evening and just can't understand why "heat"and "eat" are so difficult to pronounce for these kids... or one i love to torture them with; "I hear with my ear." they get it wrong every time!!! LOL.
But other than that, all my pupils are doing well, I have 7 so far, all at different times, so it's more like one on one tutoring; I really enjoy it.
-
I was mostly just watching kids today. which doesn't always give a lot of blogging substance. The baby (well 13 moth old) who I watch most mornings is just starting to walk and is adorable.
Then I had lunch with these two kids that I don't really like. lol. I guess they're always tired and therefore cranky around lunch time on Mondays, and it's only the one time a week that i see them. but whatever. it's a free meal and 16 euro. so i'll put up with them. Maybe i'll figure out how to get them to like me.
-
This afternoon i was watching "my kids" the ones of the family i'm staying with. They always make me feel very much at peace and "chez moi." They're my anchor kids. They are sweet and polite and kind, and very affectionate. The littlest one made my day today at the park. They were all playing in the sandbox building a "chateau" when suddenly the littlest one jumped up and ran up to me to whisper in my ear, "Sandie, je t'aime!" gave me a kiss and a smile that would melt your heart; what a little sweetie. oh and later he was telling me how he has two "loves" at school. they're both blonds. he "adores" pretty blond hair! teehee. cute! He's five and a half and told me once that he "adores pigeons" too.
-
Well, with that, I bid you all goodnight. (it's 11:15 here, and i'm trying to get over a cold)
-
Lots of Love from Paris,
-
In Corde Jesu,
Sandieness
-

2 comments:

Jaze said...

lol, sandie-bot! the reason why it's difficult for them to distinguish between "heat" and "eat" in pronunciation is because H is silent in the french language, right? Remember the 2 kinds of H? H muet and H aspiré? When they pronounce english words beginning with the letter H, it's still aspirated. I know this because in my French class, the H in my name never gets pronounced, thus, i am 'AZEL instead of HAZEL.

Sandieness said...

LOL... Azel! I'm calling you that from now on.

...