Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's November???

Clearly I have told a big fat lie in saying that I would post a sketch every day. Life's busy, ok! and it's not slowing down any time soon, so a sketch a day is not exactly happening, but I'm not too worried about my portfolio,... K, I'll admit that I am a little worried, but I do already have one full sketch-book of figure drawings done, and more to come; my next class is on Saturday!. woot woot. Can't wait.
-
So what have I been up to lately? just vacationing, drinking wine, eating chocolate & fresh baguette, and sketching... but mostly taking care of cute kids, which is nothing to complain about. Life's good.
-
In France, people have a lot of week long Vacations. When I expressed my shock to someone at how much time off the French get, she responded with, "Yeah we're not very hard working people" (that's just a rough translation.) For All Saints Day for example kids get a week and a half off of school. Most parents will take their kids to their summer homes in the Country. I was asked to accompany a young Couple's three little tikes to their Grandparents' winery for a week. I accepted and found myself at a beautiful chateau, with three adorable kids, and a very sweet old couple hosting all of us. I spent my days playing with the kids, and evenings drinking wine and relaxing. It was sweet.
-
I've been back to my regular routine in Paris for a few weeks now, and am finding myself a little glum and homesick in the gloomy weather. But I'm never sad or bored, I'm continuing my explorations around Paris, finding new churches and museums around almost every corner. Not to mention all the shopping (well, window shopping mostly.)
-
I spent an Entire Saturday at the Louvre which was AWESOME!!! I refused to go see the Mona Lisa, because there was a large crowd of people trying to get into the room where it hangs to see it, which was already packed with people. So dumb! I did however go to see this statue though, which was also surrounded by many people, but I like the Venus de Milo(this statue) better than the Mona Lisa.
-
I took about 200 pics of Paintings and Statues, but they're not on my computer yet, I came to France with a camera, but no charger and no usb cable... I successfully lost both just two weeks before leaving Ottawa. UGH!! but Don't worry, my good friends at amazon.fr will be sending me an early Christmas presents, so Photo's will be up soon.
-
Time is flying by way too quickly for my liking, I have lots to see, and will try to updae my blog more often.
-
I miss my firends like crazy. You're in my thoughts and Prayers.
-
In Corde Jesu,
-
Sandieness

2 comments:

The Maven said...

I'm living vicariously through you, so keep posting will you? You can blog AND drink wine, you know, or so I've been told ;)

S said...

Yeah, I was shocked when Jean told me how much time they get off for "Toussaint". Crazy. He was surprised at how many school days we have in high schools here.

Reading your blog makes me miss France so much...

Is the weather in Paris in November as bad as you make it sound?

When do you come back?

...