Sunday, November 22, 2009

Latés, Lunch, Rain, and Flea-Markets.

Today was a lovely lovely day. I woke up early and enjoyed as I do most mornings, (well at least on the mornings when i get up on time) a Café au Lait, and some baguette and jam. yum. Right after breakfast I was off to sing at Mass in Versaille. It was a solmn High Mass this week and the Church was packed! Also I finally made eye-contact with my future husband. He doesn't know yet that we're going to get married, but don't worry he'll figure it out eventually how wonderful I am and marry me. And we'll both live happily ever after in France. see how simple life is. lol. If this sounds a little crazy, it's probably because it is. don't worry I am mostly kidding. But seriously though you've got to see this guy, he's got the face of a god (small "g"). ANYWAYS!!! I'm sure he would be quite disturbed to find out that I had been speaking of him in this manner on my blog.
-
After Mass Lizzie and I made a quick stop at Starbucks for vanilla latés and continued on our way back to Paris for Lunch at the home of my little family. I was so happy to be formally invited to their home, not to baby-sit or do any work, but just to enjoy a nice Sunday Lunch.
-
We had pre-lunch drinks, a wonderfully cooked meal (with wine), followed by cheese, and then a very yummy desert, and tiny coffee's after in the living room. It was so lovely to spend some time with them like that. Normally, during the week meals are very rushed, and never as formal. (little side note: in France the big meal of the day is lunch, not dinner, so people usually will invite you for Sunday lunch rather than dinner.) -
-
In the afternoon, seeing as the rain had let up (it's been raining lots lately) and we knew that there was a flea-market going on a few blocks away, Lizzie and I decided to check it out, I bought a pretty little limoges porcelain box, three little old religious books (the gospels of Mark and John, and the Acts of the Apostles. which will probably just sit on shelf), a few holy cards (each like 100 years old), and a pair of earrings at a little shop nearby.
-
We then went out for yet another coffee where we talked about life and shared a "mouelle au chocolat chaude", which was to die for!
-
Now I'm back at my apartment. I just made some final adustments to the sketch i did yesterday afternoon of...(well, can you guess who it is? She usually had glasses on...) Actually don't feel bad if you can't guess who it is, I just noticed a few flaws, I'm gonna work on it again...
-
Now hoping to get some painting done. hopefully Ben Folds will help me, or maybe Palestrina. I think I'll switch to Palestrina while I paint. we'll see.
-
Much Love from Paris,
God bless y'all.
In Christo,
-
Sandieness
-
PS- as happy as I am with Ben Folds and the ever wonderful Norah Jones, I'm always open to new music suggestions, so feel free to send me the names of some artists and songs to check out. I could use some new tunes.

2 comments:

Katie Trinque said...

Um...can I have your life please?! Haha!

Vanilla lattes, baguette, shopping, and Paris...yes please!

Keep up the posts (and the drawings!) - I really enjoy reading about life in Paris!

Katie

Sandieness said...

Thanks for the comment Katie.
no sorry, you may not have my life... um... it's mine!! lol
you're always welcome to come visit though! :)

...